You may recollect when home security components were limited to where wiring could be run in your house. You could forget about putting a security camera on a countertop or managing your system with a cell phone. With that being said, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless technology. You presently have an array of extra advantages to enjoy -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker system set ups. Wireless home security systems in Charleston will protect your home while adding convenience to your life.
Important Considerations When Going Wireless
If you would like to enjoy everything wireless security can deliver, you must have an adequate internet connection. If you have fast internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re in a good position for a wireless setup.
If you’re worried about an internet or power outage, look for security systems that have cellular and battery backups at hand to sustain the link to your monitoring professionals indefinitely.
In the event you make your home in a more rural area without reliable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will likely be better. Or It could also benefit you from a financial standpoint to go the traditional route if you live in a house that currently has wiring for security components connected.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Charleston will elevate your property’s protection, which is the main objective to start with. But, if you like the possibility of having the latest technology, check out these advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Gain access to everything in your home from your lighting to your thermostat directly from the palm of your hand utilizing the ADT Control app. You have the ability to view footage from cameras, switch on your smart lights, and even arm your system on the rare chance you didn’t remember to do so. Whenever an emergency comes up, you are able to have notifications sent straight to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: You no longer need to worry about the countless wires, crumbling drywall, and long installs. The great thing about wireless components is that you may install them practically wherever you want and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you wish to add on at a later time with the latest equipment, incorporating components into your network is easy.
- Communications between devices: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions a reality with speedy, two-way communications. You can set your system to act in certain circumstances to boost your protection and dissuade intrusions. For example, if your outdoor surveillance discovers odd disturbances around your home, it is able to automatically signal your interior lighting to activate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Charleston
Although wireless home security systems in Charleston have proven to be dependable, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about installing one. Here are some of the common areas of concern:
- Battery-run wireless devices might stop working if the battery is depleted. However, your smart implements will notify you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors typically have to be positioned within a certain distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders for some packages to enhance your flexibility.
- Like all types of internet-connected networks, the threat of being hacked exists. The good news is that you can take steps to prevent this by utilizing hard-to-crack passwords, always changing default configurations, and choosing a router with a built-in firewall. In addition, you should only install security devices with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Specialists
Are you ready to experience the benefits of the current advancements in Charleston wireless home security? Contact us at (304) 220-0469 to consult with the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the most suitable package for your residence.