A Monitored Charleston Flood Detector Notifies You Of Water Leaking Before It Becomes A Problem
Clogged drains, corroded pipes, leaking appliances -- these are all problems that can cause serious water damage within your home. Unfortunately, these are the soggy or damp difficulties that you notice much too late. Even a leaking toilet or dishwasher can create major concerns if not addressed quickly.
But, when you install a Charleston monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can find a leak or pooling water before your home becomes a disaster zone. The wireless detector alerts you to early indications of water leaks with an intense, easy-to-hear beeping and a notification to your smartphone. Your 24-7 ADT technicians will also contact you when the flood detector is activated.
What Are The Benefits Of A Monitored Flood Detector In Charleston?
You never expect to descend your staircase to discover that your basement is now a pool of water with your belongings floating on top. Fortunately, a Charleston flood detector will recognize water problems before you find yourself needing major property restoration. Here’s how it works:
- Sensitive reed switch water sensor: The smart sensor detects dripping or standing water instead of moisture in the air -- so it's acceptable for use in areas like bathrooms where damp conditions are present.
- Place anywhere in your home thanks to wireless connection: Smart sensors offer wireless connectivity and a long battery life of 4 years. You can place your flood detector with confidence near sump pumps, behind appliances, next to pipes or anywhere you could have a leak.
- Get notified even when you’re away: Freezing pipes or intense storms have a tendency to occur when you're at work or on vacation. In the event your Charleston flood detector senses unwanted water, it will deliver an instant notification to your mobile device.
- 24-7 monitoring adds another line of defense: On top of a high-decibel alarm and phone notifications, your flood detector will notify your 24-7 ADT team. Your monitoring experts will quickly contact you and provide the assistance you need.
ADT Control App Makes Your Charleston Flood Detector Work As Part of Your Home Automation
Time is of the essence when water infiltration is threatening your property. By using the ADT mobile application, you can access home automation systems and make it easier when emergency assistance reaches your property. Activating your smart home systems helps when you’re in the house, but critical when you’re miles away. With a monitored Charleston flood detector you have the ability to:
- Receive alerts on your smartphone when flowing water is identified.
- Remotely unlock doors and disable security alarms for emergency response teams.
- Increase your home’s temperature to combat freezing pipes.
- Check HD feeds from your camera system to determine how water entered and assess the damage.
- Maintain communication with your monitoring professionals.
Your Smart Home Automation With Flood Detection Starts With A Free Quote
Flood detectors and other safety alarms are all aspects of a comprehensive security implementation through Secure24 Alarm Systems. When you call our offices, we’ll assist you in finding the perfect package to match your property needs. Make the call to (304) 220-0469 today or fill out our form to request your no-obligation free estimate.