Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Charleston
You know you must safeguard your home. After all, it’s the spot where your loved ones live and is where you store your valuables. But what kind of home security is ideal? Whether or not to get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary choices you need to make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Charleston and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection links to a third-party monitoring organization that is set to offer assistance at all times. When a door sensor trips or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring specialists are issued a notification instantaneously. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and send the proper first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t have professional backup. You might consider this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you must act to get it resolved. This choice is the more affordable solution, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Charleston
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup on your side is always smart. If you are not on site, asleep, or without access to your cell phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be watched over.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring professionals are always ready. They’ll reply quicker to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security could qualify you for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior equipment and seamless integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security specialist, you will gain access to a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be superior to what you will come across independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Countless individuals prefer to have the install taken care of by experienced technicians, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually need to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation is likely to be satisfactory for most as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Charleston
Here’s a brief overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: DIYers could think of this as an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an extra fee. Other people will wish to use a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to install devices when you desire - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you could find integrating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You have complete control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your system. If an emergency unfolds, you’re in charge of getting help.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your cell phone and don’t get a security notification? This circumstance equates to additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your complete attention: As you are the only one in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No help setting up the system: If you need a helping hand during an installation, you might have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Charleston
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Charleston from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home security system is the right option for you. Call (304) 220-0469 today to customize your package.