Home security cameras can easily be placed as a hindrance—a sign that tells burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, modern security cameras are armed with a plethora of additions all designed to deliver total protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these tools enable you to have the most from home security cameras in Charleston.
How To Set Up Your Charleston Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Installing your video surveillance in the ideal spots around your residence is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in frequented areas like the living room or den. It’s also a good notion to have a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to pass to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras ideally offer you a clear sightline of your porch, drive, and backyard, garage, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front porch with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places inside your home that are less vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom can hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire a form of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Security Cameras
Device layout is only the first step in utilizing the all you can out of home security cameras in Charleston. The innovations shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic alerts on your phone anytime unusual movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to start capturing footage when movements are discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to film and save clips so you can view them anytime.
- Two-way talk: Most of modern security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with people through the camera. Via ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re home or talk to your kids as they come back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more complete view of any space. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will capture clips of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to alert you of movement happening on your yard or your driveway and overlook cars passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date texts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Charleston is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (304) 220-0469 or complete the form below to begin customizing your security system today.