The latest smart security solutions are getting increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, you may still neglect to perform easy security chores like turning on your home security, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to worry about these things in the future? With geofencing in Charleston, you can simply leave the house and make your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Charleston For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your residence, which you may customize within your smart security app. The technology then tracks your phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to interact with one another. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by putting all elements onto one, unified network. You can set up a virtual “fence” on all sides of your house and assign particular actions when you move beyond the boundary.
To illustrate, when you leave your premises, you may instruct your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will inform your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
These are several of the components you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics including TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your property’s security system in Charleston. When accessing the security app, you can make the most of automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to engage at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to dim to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make certain devices come alive in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat activate the fan if the CO detector trips. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your doorbell camera notices strange movements outside.
● Customize scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in concert with each other. Have your lights lower, the temperature go down, and the locks bolt when the day is done. Or program the system for TV night with specific lighting and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to arm your alarm system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Charleston
Whether you seek extra reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Contact one of our representatives today at (304) 220-0469 or complete the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.