Beneficial Tips For Integrating Home Security Lighting In Charleston
Deterrence is a crucial aspect of home security, and one of the best ways to keep prowlers away from your entry points is through the use of lights. A properly lit landscape not only looks great, it’s also less likely to have burglaries. If you wish to enhance your home’s defense, explore these worthwhile suggestions for home security lighting in Charleston. We have some ideas for exterior and interior illumination that can benefit your family.
Add Security And Charm With Landscape Lighting
The right type of outside lighting and well-placed video cameras will go a long way in keeping intruders away from your home. Utilize these Charleston outdoor lighting suggestions.
- Ensure access points are illuminated: Front and back doors are still the most typical spots for invasions. Make certain those entries are well-lit but don’t neglect your garage. While powerful motion-sensing floodlights are a popular solution for this spot, it’s not the only option. Rather than blinding your neighbors whenever a critter scurries past, consider using less offensive lights that stay lit all night. Sure, vivid, motion-activated floodlights may ward off prowlers, but having a well-placed light that remains on has a greater likelihood of keeping them out of your yard in the first place.
- Implement multi-function task lights: Those lovely lights beside your paver walkway do more than show you the way in the dark. They also let you see parts of your yard you may otherwise not be able to from indoors.
- Add style and security with accents: Not solely for aesthetic reasons, accent lights are an effective way to illuminate locations that could be utilized as hiding spots. You can install accents in garden beds outside first-floor windows, alongside retaining walls, or near trees and hedges. These installations produce a dramatic effect while enhancing your security.
- Shine light on the edges of your property: A comprehensive approach should also consider the borders of your yard. Shining light your gates, fencing, and outer edges of your property can help dissuade prowlers.
How To Elevate Security With Interior Lighting in Charleston
Home security lighting in Charleston consists of more than outdoor illumination. Your inside lights play a role in improving security as well. Smart lights that can be implemented into your home’s defense are worthwhile for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling capabilities: Keep your lights on a schedule and make it seem like people are present. This is an effective deterrent and a smart strategy anytime you’re traveling.
- Access from anywhere: If you go on a trip but forget to implement a schedule, you can still turn them on with your convenient smartphone app.
- Integration with other security elements: If the motion sensor on your exterior camera triggers, you can have your foyer light inside brighten automatically. This functionality is yet another deterrent to prowlers.
Deter Burglars Even More With A Home Protection Plan In Charleston From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Back up your nicely illuminated property with the best in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our modern home security systems in Charleston permit you to access, control, and automate all types of smart devices, including lighting choices. Call (304) 220-0469 today to design a package for your property.