Will A Home Security System Work In Charleston?
If you’re like a lot of residents, you are looking for your home to be protected at all times. but, will a home security system work in Charleston?
The quick answer: yes. But, how do you find the most from your home security system? Not only can the sensors and alarms bring excellent protection, the modern equipment offer a level of efficiency and control you could not have thought possible. By getting automation, video surveillance, and remote access through a phone app, you can make a safe smart house.
Let's stop for a second and explore why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a great recommendation for your house.
Essential Home Security Needs
So you can make sure your Charleston home security system works to its potential, you’ll want these indispensable security features:
- Entryway sensors: You might find this weird, but many intruders come into your home through the front door. The other two most common targets are back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these practices, entryway sensors are designated the foundation of your security system. When the security system is armed and your door sensors are triggered, the loud, high-decibel siren will sound and your 24/7 monitoring agents will be notified.
- Touchscreen command center: Don’t look for confusing code pads, as modern smart screens now run your security devices. These touch screens can also direct your smart home components, cameras, and monitoring.
- smartphone app: The biggest security system allow you direct every segment of your house through your security app. Now if device triggers, you have the option to receive an instant notification to your mobile device. Also, activate your entryway alarms remotely, schedule your smart locks, lower the thermostat and more.
- Home security yard signs and window decals: While there is no tech in a yard sign or a window sticker, they will alert an aspirational intruder that your house is safeguarded.
Does A Security System Keep You More Secure In Charleston?
While it could seem like pearl-clutching to get sensors installed and download an app on your smartphone when you have locks and chose a safe town, the studies say that an alarm system can still guard your house. For example, a report from Rutger University sees that many thieves will actively avoid houses with a home security system installed. They’ll instead go and break-into an easier house that looks poorly protected.
That correlated with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized homes don’t use a security system. In fact, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be vandalized than homes that are secured. And while just displaying that your property has a system helps discourage break-ins, other components -- like smart lights and a doorbell security cameras -- can also make your house unappealing to intruders.
Of course, modern security systems can do more than ring an siren. Today you can use some advanced components that make a security system safe and secure.
24/7 Monitoring Is A Reliable Backup Plan
Does a home security system work in Charleston when they don’t have round-the-clock monitoring? Using a constant vigilance is always the winning bet and round-the-clock monitoring from trained agents can make sure the authorities get there quicker after a tripped sensor.
Monitoring professionals are there to protect you no matter what time it is -- whether you are in the house or not. If you’re don’t hear an alarm, your agent will notify you and the emergency agency after a tripped alarm event. Even if you’re still at home, you will be busy making sure kids and furry companions are accounted for and safe.
Use The Same Monitored Services For Flood, Fire, and Medical
When you get your security system, you can choose to cover much more than security alarms. devices like flood detectors, fire alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors can be connected to your overall system. If an emergency is detected, your sensors will act just like your door and window alarms. Specifically, the high-decibel bell rings, your 24/7 monitoring agents are contacted, and a notification will be sent to your smartphone.
Or try a panic button, which can be effortlessly pinned to you or a loved one via a lanyard, wrist band, or a clothing clip. If you have a fall incident or a medical risk, they can employ a two-finger button to call your monitoring agent.
Find Security, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
Today’s automation components can bring you a tier of management and convenience you’ve never had before. They will make your house more energy-savvy and reactive. And when you pair smart devices to your security system, they will also make your house more secure. For instance:
- Put your smart lighting on a daily schedule to make it seem that your house is full when you’re on vacation.
- Have your indoor smart bulbs illuminate as a doorbell camera sees suspicious motion.
- Use geolocation to secure your locks, flip off your living room lights, and turn down the temperature when you leave the house.
- Create personalized scenes so you can pre-set your lights, smart thermostat, alarms, cameras, and other devices with a single tap of a button.
- Or simply check up all your alarms and cameras and manage your alarms and cameras through your mobile app.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll conserve with automation, and you’ll quickly realize how much you need a state-of-the-art security system in Charleston. You can even control your components with voice commands when you link your security system to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Maintain A Watch On Your Property With Wireless Security Cameras
Security signage and proper lighting are wonderful intrusion deterrents, but security cameras can take your security to a better place. The furthest thing a burglar wants is to be seen on camera as the footage could be leveraged against them in a criminal case. You can install outdoor, indoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will allow you to see live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you want to check out the commotion you heard in the yard? Would you want to check on the kids after school? Has your groceries been delivered yet? All you have to do is to get the live feed from your ADT Control app. You may also receive texts on your phone whenever a visitor rings the doorbell or your cameras sees sudden motion. You can then chat with guests with the 2-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Find A Home Security In Charleston?
Need help to create a home security system that works in Charleston? Our ADT professionals can help you choose the most useful alarms, automation, and video surveillance that can be incorporated into one affordable package. Call right now at (304) 220-0469 or fill out the form below.